Flaxseed Powder (Ground Linseed)
- Regular price
- R 55.00
- Regular price
- Sale price
- R 55.00
- Unit price
Flaxseed powder, (Ground Linseed Powder) by dis natuurlik. is a superfood that is an excellent source of energy, fibre & Omega-3 fatty acids.
Flaxseed powder is a rich source lignan, antioxidants, fibre, protein, and polyunsaturated fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), Omega-3’s.
According to researchers, flaxseed is 75-800 times richer in lignans compared to most other foods, which is good because it may help to prevent different types of cancer cells from growing as well as helping to slow tumour growth by preventing them from forming new blood vessels.
Using Flaxseed powder in your diet helps you to easily absorb these beneficial compounds in a convenient bioavailable way.
Flaxseed powder is more nutrient-dense than the whole seeds themselves gram for gram, People should try to avoid whole flaxseed and eat it ground, as the intestines may not absorb the nutrients in whole flaxseeds.
This Flaxseed powder also has 10 surprising health benefits, read the rest of this profile below for a comprehensive look at this Superfood and its uses.
Available in the following size: 500 grams
Packaged in a resealable foil-lined cardboard soft pack, you can expect a shelf life of 2 years.
This Flaxseed powder is part of the dis natuurlik. Nutritional Collection
10 Flaxseed powder benefits for your health:
- Flaxseed is high in fibre and low in carbohydrates.
- High content of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Flaxseed powder is more nutrient-dense & has more bioavailable compounds than whole seeds.
- High in Lignans which are powerful antioxidants which can help lower cholesterol and treat hyperlipidemia.
- ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) in flaxseeds can help reduce inflammation & protect the lining of the GI tract.
- The beneficial compounds found within flaxseeds have been found to help prevent cancers and slow their growth, by inhibiting their growth of new blood vessels.
- Flaxseeds help to decrease menopausal & hormonal imbalance symptoms.
- Plant-based source of Omega-3 fats, no need to eat fish.
- Flaxseeds contain both soluble & insoluble fibre which helps to maintain gut health, promoting better digestion and a strengthened immune system.
- Flaxseeds can be used in baking as an egg substitute, this is especially handy for vegans & vegetarians.
Freshly Ground Flaxseed powder (Ground Linseed Powder)
Country of origin:
What does Flaxseed powder taste like?
Mild nutty & earthy flavour
How to consume Flaxseed powder:
- Sprinkle the powder on cereal porridge, fruit, yoghurt, salads, smoothies, casseroles and more.
- Use the powder in baking, suitable for use in wheat and gluten-free baking.
- Can be used as an egg replacer in baking and they do not contain any cholesterol. (mix 5 grams of flaxseed powder with 2.5 teaspoons of water to replace one egg in a recipe)
- Sprinkle the powder onto salads, or mix with nuts and seeds.
Flaxseed powder recommended serving size per day*:
- Adults: One tablespoon per day (7grams)
- Children: One teaspoon per day (3,5 grams)
*This is only a recommendation please seek advice from a medical practitioner.
- Drink adequate amounts of fluid when consuming flaxseeds.
- Avoid use or speak to a doctor first if you are using blood thinners, such as warfarin (Coumadin) or aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, cholesterol-lowering drugs, hormone-sensitive breast or uterine cancer, pregnant or breastfeeding or have an allergy to flaxseed.
Flaxseed powder Specifications:
Food Grade (A-Grade)
Available in the following size:
500g soft pack
Resealable Foil lined cardboard soft pack
Up to 2 years shelf life, if proper storage instructions are followed.
Please refer to the packaging labels for expiry dates.
Powder supplements should be kept in a cool (below 22°C) dry & dark place to maintain freshness & to obtain maximum shelf life.