- Regular price
- R 70.00
- Regular price
- Sale price
- R 70.00
- Unit price
Castor Oil (Ricinus communis) has been used as far back as the ancient Egyptians as a powerful natural skin remedy. This oil is commonly used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine practices for its skin healing & digestion system soothing abilities.
When this oil is used in hair care products, it stimulates healthy hair growth, helping to prevent hair loss & increases sheen, strength, and volume while increasing blood circulation in the scalp. It is added to cold-processed soap formulations to increase lather and is a popular ingredient in lip balms.
8 Health Benefits of Castor Oil:
- Castor Oil stimulates hair growth & can be used as a hair oil treatment to thicken your hair
- Treat dry, chapped heels with a castor carrier oil, by massaging the oil into your heels every night.
- When used internally the oil expels worms & tapeworms from your gut.
- Relieves stomach aches and colic in babies
- Castor oil works as an immune booster, helping your body detox, increases flexibility in your joints reducing pain caused by Arthritis & inflammation.
- Castor oil can be used in the effective treatment of Eczema & Psoriasis
- One of the active ingredients of Castor carrier oil, Ricinoleic acid discharges into the gut and works as a laxative giving you effective constipation relief.
- When used topically the oil helps to treat skin infections, increase circulation, softens cuticles, treats athlete's foot, nourishing deeply at a cellular level, fades acne scars, reduces cellulite, fades stretch marks, plumps the skin reducing fine lines & wrinkles, Powerful Antibacterial
- Part of the dis natuurlik. Natural Ingredients Collection
Castor Oil (Carrier Oil)
Very slow absorption rate feels heavy & leaves an oily protective barrier layer on the skin.
Country of origin:
Odourless but can have a slight oily scent characteristic of castor oil
Clear but varies to pale yellow
Medium to thick viscosity dependent on the ambient temperature.
- Do a small patch test before fully using this product
- Do not use near broken skin or internally
- Skin sensitivity in some cases does a small skin test before fully using this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care? Consult your Healthcare Physician for the correct application of this product.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Oil Safety Disclaimer
7 Castor Oil Uses & Recipes:
- It can be blended into many different products to increase its health properties.
- The oil can be used in massage oils, body butter, lip care, lotions, creams, soaps, bath products, and lots of hair care products such as hair oils, shampoos & conditioners, etc.
- Castor Carrier Oil can be added to shampoos to treat split hairs & add volume, it can also be massaged into dry areas such as calluses & grey knees & elbows as well as into cuticles & nails.
- To soothe sunburn: Apply a 1:1 mixture of Coconut Oil mixed with Castor oil to the affected area.
- Overnight Moisturiser Blend: Mix 1/4 Cup Castor Carrier Oil with 15-30ml Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, or Olive Oil. Gently massage the blend into dry or chapped areas, allow the mix to soak in for a while, and then dab the excess off with a clean towel, allow the mixture to soak in overnight, then rinse off in the morning with warm water.
- Acne prevention: dab castor oil onto the affected area with a clean cotton swab, to prevent future breakouts, wash your face with warm water to open up the pores, then massage the oil into your face and leave it on overnight, rinse with warm water the next morning.
- Fast-acting face mask: Mix 1 tablespoon castor carrier oil with one egg yolk, apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with warm water and cleanse your face.
Castor Oil Specifications:
Available in the following sizes:
100ml, 500ml, 1L, 5L, 20L, 25L
Glass dropper bottle for (100ml)
Glass Bottle for (500ml)
Plastic HDPE jerry can for (1L, 5L, 20L, 25L)
Up to 2 years shelf life, if proper storage instructions are followed.
Please refer to the packaging labels for expiry dates.
Expeller pressed carrier oils like this Castor Oil should be kept in a cool (below 18°C) dark place (no sunlight) to maintain freshness & to obtain maximum shelf life.
Expeller pressed carrier oils can also be refrigerated but should be used at room temperature.